As a church we’re dependent on the generous giving of our congregation and friends to continue our work both locally and further afield. Thank you if you give regularly and for continuing to give through these challenging times.
If you don’t yet give financially, we’d like to invite you to. There are several ways to do it and it’s a great way to be a part of everything we do as a church.
Introducing the Parish Giving Scheme (PGS)
Do you currently give regularly to St Michael’s? Would you like to start giving regularly? If the answer is “yes” to either of those, we’d love you to check out the Parish Giving Scheme.
You can use the Parish Giving Scheme (PGS). This has been set up by Diocese of Salisbury: it’s a free, efficient and safe way to give online, and it is the most efficient way to donate for three reasons:
- PGS improves our cash flow as we receive gift aid on your donation every month. Givers also have easy access to gift aid reports for tax returns.
- PGS significantly reduces our financial administration and hopefully, yours too.
- PGS gives you the option to increase your donation each year by the rate of inflation. This helps to protect the value of your gift and gives us a solid financial platform for growing our mission and ministry, but this function is entirely optional.
Use this link to get started . Mere St Michael the Archangel – Parish Giving Scheme
If you would like to contribute in this way, but aren’t comfortable doing so online please email email@example.com or drop a note into the D pigeon-hole in church and we can support you. You can also switch to PGS via phone or post.
Other ways to give
A regular standing order from your bank account, either monthly, quarterly or annually. There are forms on the table inside the door of the church already completed with the Church’s bank account details. One half of the form is a Gift-Aid Declaration, which if you are a U.K. taxpayer you can complete and return to our Treasurer. This enables us to collect an additional 25% of your donation from the Government, at no extra cost to you.
Charity accounts – we accept Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) cheques
Cash or cheque – you can put your donation in the white envelopes that are at the end of the pews (if UK taxpayers complete the envelope with their name and address we can collect the Gift-Aid on your donation).
If you have any questions or want any more information about church finances please contact Ann Dethick, our Treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org. or on 01747 863498.
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for St Michael’s Church, Mere with easyfundraising?
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raisefunds
All you need to do is:
1. Go to EasyfundraisingStMichaelsMere and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to St Michael’s Church, Mere at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and St Michael’s Church, Mere will be really grateful for your donations.